The health benefits of Tai Chi
Tai Chi Quan - a system of slow meditative physical exercises for balance, relaxation and health - is the subject of many research projects which are looking into
methods of health care which are beneficial and cost effective.
There are now many Western medical studies showing the
effectiveness of Tai Chi
as an alternative exercise to prevent illness and support the well-being of the mind and health of the body.
The Harvard Medical School Guide to Tai Chi
, published in 2013, shows some of the newer research into this ancient art's health benefits.
Mini lectures by Harvard Medical School Researchers on Tai Chi's Health benefits
The health benefits of Tai Chi include:
Recommended reading - The Harvard Medical School Guide to Tai Chi
Downloadable Tai Chi Information Leaflet
If you would like further information about Tai Chi, please contact us and we will put you in touch with a Tai Chi Practitioner.
- Increased energy levels & circulation
- Strengthens circulatory and immune systems
- Stimulates the nervous system
- Develops internal 'musculature'
- Improves flexibility & joint mobility
- Significantly improves balance and co-ordination
- Relaxes the physical body & mind
- Cultivates calmness and focuses the mind
- Can ease mind tension & anxiety